Friday, September 17, 2010

Extra Credit Option

Do you speak Arabic, Russian, Turkish, Jamaican Patois, Bambara, Nepali, Hindi, Tibetan, Bengali or Urdu?

Do you speak any other language?

The school is working on translating a poem by the US Poet Laureate (who is coming to LaGuardia!!) into many different languages to present to her as a gift.

If you attend (and get a faculty member to sign a note saying you were there) I will give you +1 on your final grade.  This could tip the scales.... for example, it your final average is an 89 (B+) it would be an 90 (A-)

Collective Translation
Wednesday Sept 22
2:15-4:45 pm
Room E-103

6 comments:

  1. do we have to speak another language in order to attend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Question!!!!!

    The answer: NO!!!! They have a role for non-speakers too! So go and be part of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will the translation of the poem be done in that meeting ? Am i able to bring a friend with me from another class?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know this was for extra credit but I am glad I went. It was truly a unique experience and I feel that my input was valued.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a lot of fun but unfortunately I was only Polish speaker.

    ReplyDelete